Sharing Content Using the Solstice App
Solstice improves meeting productivity and engagement with multi-participant content sharing, control, and markup. With the Mersive Solstice app installed on a laptop, tablet, or mobile device, users can share and control content on the display connected to a Solstice Pod.
Users can also use one of the supported app-free sharing options to share to the Solstice display if they don't have the Solstice app. See App-Free Sharing to a Solstice Display to learn more about Solstice's app-free sharing options.
How to Connect to a Solstice Display
Ensure you are connected to a network listed on the display’s Welcome Screen, then connect to the Solstice display to share content:
- Open the Solstice app. A list of Solstice Pod displays you have previously connected to or that are available via display discovery (if enabled for your Solstice deployment) will appear.
- Click the name of the desired Solstice display to connect.
- To find a specific display in the discovered list, you can:
- Search for a specific display by name in the search bar.
- Click Tags to filter the list of displays by assigned tags (Enterprise Edition only).
- If prompted, enter in the screen key listed on the display.
- The user app will join the collaboration session with full media posting and control rights.
How to Share Content Using the Solstice App on a Laptop
On the Share tab of the Solstice desktop app, you can wirelessly share an unlimited amount of content to the Solstice display using any of the following options. Note that the content shared to Solstice will never leave your device, only pixels will be streamed to the display.
- Desktop: Share a real-time view of your desktop mirrored to the display. The entire desktop, including any open application windows, will be shared in real-time.
To stop sharing your desktop audio, click the speaker icon after the connected display name to appear with a red slash (off). If you are sharing desktop audio on a Mac, you may have additional setup to enable it. See
Enable Desktop Audio Streaming on a Macfor more information.
- App Window: Share a real-time view of only the selected application window to the display. This sharing option allows you to maintain privacy by only sharing a single application instead of everything on your desktop.
- Media File: Share media files such as images and videos saved locally on your laptop device to the display. Solstice supports image and video files up to 4K resolution.
Solstice supports sharing a broad range of video types, but not all video files are supported. If a video file is not supported, you can use the Desktop sharing option to stream the video to the display.
When sharing your desktop, the Solstice app window will be hidden by default. Click the Sharing Desktop bar that appears at the top of your screen to show it. You can also click Stop Sharing to quickly stop sharing your desktop.
How to Share Content Using the Solstice App on a Mobile Device
On the Share tab of the Solstice mobile app, you can wirelessly share an unlimited amount of content to the Solstice display using any of the following options. Note that the content shared to Solstice will never leave your device, only pixels will be streamed to the display.
- Mirror Screen: Share a real-time view of your mobile device screen.
- Media File: Share media files such as images and videos from the device’s media library.
- Camera: Take a picture with your mobile device and share it to the display.
- Take Video: Take a video with your mobile device and share it to the display.
To share media files, pictures, and videos be sure to grant permission for the Solstice mobile app to access your mobile device's media files, camera, and microphone.
How to End Your Meeting and Disconnect from Solstice
When your meeting is finished, you will need to disconnect from Solstice. There are a couple of ways to disconnect from a Solstice display:
- Click the Disconnect button at the top of the app window. You will be prompted to confirm that you want to disconnect from the display.
- Close the Solstice App window:
- On a laptop, click the Close 'X' icon. Solstice will ask if you wish to disconnect from the display and stop sharing all content. If yes, click Disconnect.
- On a mobile device, close the app window and Solstice will automatically disconnect the device from the display.