How to Control Content with the Solstice App
On the Layout tab, you have multiple ways that you can control the content and how it appears on the display. Any user connected to the session can control the content layout.
All the controls described below can also be performed on HID-compliant touch displays using equivalent touch gestures.
- Drag and drop posts around to change the order of the content, or to move content on and off the on-deck panel on the left side of the display. Example
- Click and hold or right-click on a post to view options to make the post full screen, view post details, create a stack, or delete the post. Stacks can be made for a single user's posts.
- Click and hold or right-click on a post, then select to create a stack which acts as a virtual folder.
- Pinch to zoom posts on touch-enabled devices.
- Control videos posted to the display with the Solstice video player. The Solstice video player functions similarly to other video players, with play/pause buttons, volume control, and loop options. To view the video player controls, click the camera icon in the lower right corner of the video post.
- Click a participant icon to access the participant menu. This menu gives you options to show, hide, stack, or delete the participant’s posts, as well as disconnect the participant from the collaboration session.
- Click the vertical ellipsis icon to view the media placement menu. This menu allows you to align posts to a grid and quickly move all posts on or off the screen.
- If you have a USB mouse connected to the Solstice Pod or host laptop, or if you have a touch-screen display, you can interact with the display interface directly to control content.