Solstice Cloud Release Notes
Release notes for Solstice Cloud are shown below, with the most recent release first.
May 25, 2021
USB Device Page. The new USB Device page has been launched to provide visibility into all USB devices that are plugged into Solstice Pods across your deployment, showing online/offline status, current firmware version, and more. USB A/V devices (such as cameras, audio devices, etc.) must be plugged into Pods via USB 2.0 or 3.0. These connected USB A/V devices are required to utilize features such as Solstice Conference, occupancy data, and occupancy-based power management. For a full list of supported A/V devices, see our supported peripheral list.
Coming soon: Solstice Cloud administrators will be able to set up email alerts when USB devices are unplugged/plugged in.
April 21, 2021
Category Sorting Options. When filtering by categories (such as Room Type, City, etc.), you can now sort the order in which the category options appear, either by Pod count (default) or alphabetically. In Solstice Cloud, open the filter drawer and expand any category to see a drop-down menu allowing you to choose sort order.
April 14, 2021
Additional configuration options are now available in Solstice Cloud Management.
- Fully Qualified Name (FQDN) in the Welcome Screen (Manage > Templates > Welcome Screen). For deployments where it’s important to show the FQDN of a Pod in the connection instructions to users, you can now enable this within the Welcome Screen template. Requires Solstice 5.3 or later for support.
- Disable Captive Portal Checking in the Security template (Manage > Templates > Security). For networks that do not utilize captive portals and want to disable the URL check that detects captive portals, you can now do so in the Security template. Requires Solstice 5.3 or later for support.
April 13, 2021
New Room Intelligence Template. This new template was launched to support a number of existing Solstice Pod configuration options as well as upcoming capabilities. The following configuration options have been moved from the Features template to the Room Intelligence template (Manage > Templates).
- Enable Solstice Conferencing
- Enable Location Services
- Enable Occupancy Data
Although these options were moved, no configuration state has changed. However, you may need to create new templates within Room Intelligence to manage these settings in bulk.
April 8, 2021
Buildings View is now available in the Location management page (Manage > Location). Now within the table, you can select to view your organization’s list of buildings which shows address, city, country, and number of Pods for each building. You can also edit the building names to a nickname that will be easily recognizable to Solstice users. This provides better visibility into your locations; however, you can still view the list of Pods within the table for more granular information.
March 24, 2021
User Trends Analytics page launched in Solstice Cloud to provide insight into how end users of Solstice are engaging with meeting and learning spaces. New Analytics data cards include:
- Daily active user graph. View number of unique users, how much time they’ve spent presenting in meetings, number of unique meeting rooms they’ve visited, and more.
- User collaboration chart. View collaborators vs. presenters.
- Most collaborative spaces. View metrics on top collaboration spaces.
- User mobility graph. Understand how many different rooms users visit for meetings.
- Activity by user mobility graph. Understand users level of meeting engagement.
March 3, 2021
Pod Location features added to Solstice Cloud. Solstice Cloud can now utilize data from Solstice Location Services to automatically create an estimated geographical location for Pods.
- Location-based Categories (country, city, and building) are automatically created for ease of filtering and sorting.
- Assign a custom building name for each location, which will be integrated with Solstice Location Services and provide value to Solstice app end users.
- Manage Pod locations (Manage > Location) such as fine-tuning the specific location of a Solstice-enabled room and adding new buildings that weren’t automatically created.
January 13, 2021
- Updates to the Deployment page. Solstice Cloud administrators can now view a Pod's current online/offline status in addition to other deployment information from a single place.
December 23, 2020
Support for additional features in the Solstice 5.2 release were added to Solstice Cloud:
- Google Workspace Room Calendar support for room calendar integration (Calendar template).
- Background image animation for the Pod's Welcome Screen (Welcome Screen template).
- Option to enable HDCP support for content shared via the HDMI input port (Advanced template).
For more information on features released in Solstice 5.2, see the Solstice Release Notes.
December, 14, 2020
- Pods with lapsed Solstice Subscriptions are now capable of updating to eligible Solstice releases. For a Solstice release to be eligible, it must have been released prior to the Pod’s subscription lapsing.
November 20, 2020
Two new graphs were added to the In-Room Tech page under the Analytics tab that give insight into the evolving hybrid workforce. This data is collected when a Solstice Pod has Solstice Conference enabled (Features settings) or a Solstice user shares a video conferencing application to the Solstice display.
- Proximate vs. Hybrid Meetings. Visualize the amount of proximate (everyone in the same room) vs hybrid (at least one person remote and using conferencing tools) meetings over time.
- Conference Vendor Trends. For hybrid meetings, visualize the conferencing apps that are being utilized in Solstice meetings, such as Zoom, Teams, or Webex.
November 5, 2020
Two new occupancy analytics metrics can now be viewed on the Usage page and Compare page to help organizations better determine office configurations and track compliance of company health guidelines. To view these analytics, the Solstice Pod must have a USB connected camera and Occupancy Data must be enabled (Features settings).
- Peak Occupancy. See what the peak occupancy was at any given time for any given room.
- Avg Hourly Occupancy. Providing more detail on occupancy, visualize the avg hourly occupancy for any room or group of rooms over time.
October 13, 2020
- Resolved issue where CA-signed certificate bundles might not have applied successfully
- Scalability enhancements to improve performance
October 7, 2020
- Resolved issue where Pods could unexpectedly appear offline in Solstice Cloud
October 5, 2020
- Export to CSV now available in the Deployment table (Monitor > Deployment), providing the ability to export Pod’s device id, MAC addresses, IP address(es), subscription date, and other data to a CSV file.
- Revised map in the Home page. New map allows interactivity - drill down into any Pod’s management page - as well as a refreshed design, improved performance, and filtering out invalid locations.
September 7, 2020
- Resolved issue where audio QOS headers weren’t applied appropriately on the Pod.
August 15, 2020
- In-Room Tech Analytics launched. Beyond room usage, visualize how the technology in the room is being utilized by your team (Analytics>In-Room Tech). New Analytics data cards includes:
- User device platform
- Solstice client app version
- User device resolution
- How users are sharing (desktop, image, AirPlay, etc.)
- What users are sharing (presentation, conference, browsers, etc.)
August 9, 2020
- Support for Solstice 5.0 launched. Use Solstice Cloud to update your Pods to the new 5.0 release.
- In the Features Template, you can now:
- Enable Solstice Conference providing a simple, collaborative experience for video conferencing meetings with onsite and remote attendees.
- Enable Location Services so Solstice users can discover Pods that are physically nearby and quickly connect to Solstice.
- Enable Occupancy Data so Pods with USB connected cameras can act as an occupancy sensor and provides occupancy data to your Solstice Cloud account.
July 12, 2020
- More Effectively View Analytics Data. Quickly compare sequential periods of activity by clicking through the next/previous date range arrows (Analytics>Usage,Compare).
- More Efficient Pod Management. Quickly click through the next/previous arrows on the Pod detail pages (Manage>Pods) to make individual changes more efficiently.
June 25, 2020
- MAC Addresses added to Solstice Cloud. View your Solstice Pod MAC addresses (Manage > Pods > Select Pod Name or Monitor > Deployment) for Ethernet and WiFi (if enabled).
May 6, 2020
- Additional configuration options added to Solstice Cloud management to support Solstice version 4.6 app-free sharing features
- Ability to configure Miracast options.
- Ability to enable Bluetooth discovery for AirPlay.
April 9, 2020
- Manage Solstice Active Learning Trials. Use Solstice Cloud to start Solstice Active Learning trials and invite colleagues to Solstice Cloud as Active Learning Designers and Facilitators, so they can use the Solstice Active Learning app to set up and use Active Learning rooms.
March 16, 2020
- Solstice Cloud Management launched. Use Solstice Cloud to create configuration templates to easily manage your fleet of Pods from anywhere. Solstice Cloud is now a single, secure, and scalable portal for Solstice deployment management and analytics. Solstice Cloud Management requires Solstice version 4.5 or higher.
- Kepler Rebranded as Solstice Cloud. The web portal previously known as Kepler has been rebranded as Solstice Cloud. All existing accounts and functionality will persist, no action required for end users. New URL is cloud.mersive.com.