The Proxy template provides a method to configure Solstice displays deployed behind a secure web proxy to reach the licensing and over-the-air (OTA) update servers. Options to enable the web proxy for both http and https traffic are available.
- From the Solstice Cloud Home page, in the left sidebar navigation panel, click Manage > Templates > Proxy.
- Click Create New Proxy Template.
- Enter the Template Name. For example, you could name the template by location (London Office) or descriptively (Mountain Theme).
- Click Save.
You can also start by duplicating an existing template and making changes to it. Click on the three dots on the right side of the template you want to start with, and choose Duplicate Template.
- Select the Enable web proxy for HTTP or HTTPS traffic checkbox.
- In the Proxy IP Address field, enter the proxy server IP address.
- In the Proxy Port field, enter in the network port required to connect with your proxy server.
- In the Login Name and Password fields, enter in login credentials for your proxy server.
- If you wish to manually configure an exclusion list for the proxy server, enter in the IP addresses you wish to bypass the proxy server into the Exclusion List field. Multiple IP addresses can be added using semi-colons to separate the entries.
- If you need addresses on the same subnet as the Pod to bypass the proxy server, select the Don't use proxy for local addresses on same subnet checkbox.
- In the left sidebar menu of Solstice Cloud, click Manage > Pods.
The Pod Template Assignments table displays. This table is used to apply templates across your deployment. You can apply a template to multiple Pods at once.
- Select the checkboxes of the Pods you want to apply the template to. You can select each Pod's checkbox individually, or select the checkbox in the header row of the table to select all Pods you have access to in the table.
- For each template you want to apply, go to the corresponding template type column (e.g., Welcome Screen). You can view a different group of template columns by selecting the group name in the upper right-hand corner of the table.
You can use the filters from the categories you have created to sort Pods in your deployment and make applying templates across your deployment easier. Filters allow you to apply templates by criteria such as location or campus, depending on the categories you have created and assigned to Pods.
- Click the corresponding drop-down for one of the checked Pods in the table, then select the name of the created template. This will apply the template to all of the checked Pods.
- A pop-up will ask you to confirm the changes. Click Confirm. A green notification that the template was applied then displays.
- As changes are being applied, a loading icon will appear next to the Pod, and the pending changes icon will appear next to the template(s) being applied. Once the changes are applied, the Pod's normal status will resume.
- If a template you applied has any unique settings that need to be applied each Pod individually, a sliding pop-up will appear prompting you to enter the needed information. Once you are done with all of the settings screens, click Save & Close.
If a Pod is offline, any changes made will be applied when the Pod is back online.