Deploy Solstice User Apps with SCCM
The SCCM installer package of the Mersive Solstice app allows an IT administrator to centrally and remotely deploy the app for users on a Windows computer. General deployment details can be found below, and Mersive Support can help answer any questions or concerns about specific situations.
Starting in Solstice 5.5, the installer for the Mersive Solstice app has been separated from the Solstice Conference drivers installer. Use the information below to first install the Mersive Solstice app (SolsticeClientSetup-5.5_SCCM.exe). You can then centrally deploy the Mersive Solstice Conference drivers (SolsticeConferenceDrivers-1.3.msi) with MSI. Note that admin-installed versions of the Mersive Solstice app and Mersive Solstice Conference drivers cannot be auto-updated by users upon connecting to a Pod running a newer version of Solstice.
In Solstice 5.5 and later, Solstice Conference drivers are perpetually licensed, making content shared to Solstice and connected peripherals available to video conferencing apps after a Pod's Solstice Subscription has lapsed.
Version 1.0.7 of the Solstice Conference drivers, released with Mersive Solstice version 5.4, does not need to be upgraded to Mersive Solstice Conference drivers version 1.3
Silent installs using SCCM require that the installer knows what actions to take on options offered by the installation wizard. You can record a data file once with the desired set of actions and use it to silently install the Mersive Solstice App across your deployment. The option to run in silent mode (
/s) requires a separate data file containing preferences for those actions. Note that administrator or system privileges are needed to install system-wide, but the installer does not explicitly check for these privileges.
Silent Install Instructions
- Download the SCCM version of the Mersive Solstice app installer from mersive.com/download-admin/ > Deployment Management.
- Run the installer on a machine once via a command window using the command line option
/r. This will run through the wizard and record a response file that will be used later. Note that the command must be run with SYSTEM or administrator rights. Example command:
Run through the install wizard and set your desired configurations. Click Additional Options in the first configuration screen to change initial launch settings.
- Once the install wizard is completed, a file is created with the selected configurations recorded. The file is called 'setup.iss' and is located in the system’s Windows folder (e.g.,
setup.issfile should be removed from
C:\Windows\between recording runs since the SCCM installer appends to, rather than overwrites, the response file.
- If you also want to silently uninstall the Mersive Solstice app, run the installer again to uninstall, using the command line option
/rto create an uninstall response file. Select the Remove option and uninstall as normal.
Note that the SCCM installer will remove previous versions of the Mersive Solstice app before installing the latest version. An uninstall response file should only be needed to silently remove the Mersive Solstice app from devices without an upgrade or reinstall.
- Save a copy of the 'setup.iss' file with a meaningful name that includes the purpose and app version. Once all your response file(s) have been created, copy them to the system you want to install on, along with the Mersive Solstice app installer file (e.g., SolsticeClientSetup_SCCM-5.5.exe).
- Once created, response file(s) can be used multiple times for the version of the installer the were created with. However, they may need to be re-created new versions of the Mersive Solstice app installer.
- Uninstall response files should only be used to uninstall matching versions of the app.
- To silently install the Mersive Solstice app with an SCCM response file, run the following command in a command window. This example uses a response file located in the top level of the C:\ drive. Modify the path to your response files as needed.
SolsticeClientSetup-5.5_SCCM.exe /s /f1"c:\setup_install_5-5.iss"
/f1option allows the response file to be in any directory, rather than being restricted to the same directory as the install package. Mersive recommends using an absolute path to specify a response file's location, since using a relative path can produce unpredictable results.
- To silently uninstall the Mersive Solstice app with an SCCM response file, run the following command in a command window. As in the example above, modify the path to your response files as needed.
SolsticeClientSetup-5.5_SCCM.exe /x /s /f1"c:\setup_uninstall_5-5.iss"
MSI and SCCM installs of the Mersive Solstice app store their settings in a central shared location (e.g.,
C:\ProgramData\Mersive\ALLUSERS\Solstice\Client), not in each user's home directory. This allows for centralized management of these settings and the ability to update them for all users at installation time.