Solstice Conference Physical Setup
Now that you have configured your Solstice Pods for use with Solstice-enabled video conferencing, you can move on to the physical setup. Solstice has been designed to be used in both small meeting spaces, such as huddle rooms, and larger more complex conference rooms. See below for physical setup tips, as well as how to set up a standard Solstice room for video conferencing.
Physical Setup Tips
Because Solstice Pods do not store user credential information, unencrypted passwords, or users’ data that has been shared to the display, the Pods devices do not need to be located in secure locations. However, other considerations related to theft and environmental conditions should be considered.
- Solstice supports plug-and-plug USB devices. Devices, such as room cameras, should be connected to the Solstice Pod via USB and must be in-room. See the
Mersive Peripherals Listfor more about device support. Note that DSPs and other processing hubs may not be compatible and should be avoided unless a part of a supported room solution.
- Display monitors must be directly connected to the Solstice Pod via HDMI video cables to the HDMI ports on the back of the Pod.
- When connected to two display monitors, the Solstice Pod will send audio out over the inner HDMI port (HDMI 2). However, when a media file is shared, both ports will send audio.
Physical Setup Requirements
To view the full Gen3 Pod specs,
- Gen3 Solstice Pod running latest software version
- Ethernet cable (PoE+ supported)
- Mersive power supply (if no PoE+ or USB-powered peripherals attached)
- 1 HDMI cable for each display monitor
- USB conference camera (recommended)
- USB microphone or speakerphone (recommended)
- Audio speakers (optional, 3.5 mm stereo plug supported)
Sample Setup Diagram
Physical Solstice Pod Setup for Solstice Video Conferences
Follow the steps below for an example of how to physically set up a Solstice Pod to enable Solstice-enhanced wireless video conferencing in a standard room configuration. For assistance with more complex room setups, contact your AV/IT integrator or Mersive Support.
- Plug the Solstice Pod into your network via Ethernet (PoE+ supported).
- If your Ethernet connection does not support PoE+ or there are USB-powered peripherals plugged into the Pod, use the Mersive-provided power supply. Mersive strongly recommends a powered USB hub if using multiple USB-powered peripherals.
- Connect the display monitor to the one of the HDMI ports on the back of the Pod using an HDMI cable. Up to two display monitors can be connected to the Pod via HDMI.
- Connect your USB conference camera to one of the USB ports on the back of the Pod.
- Connect your USB microphone or speakerphone to another USB port on the back of the Pod.
- Connect any audio speakers to the Pod via the stereo out port.