Solstice Conference Overview
Solstice Conference is a software-enabled capability that enhances video conferencing with rich, multi-participant content sharing to deliver a better collaboration experience between onsite and remote users. Solstice Conference paired with room audio/video devices delivers the convenience of a traditional room system with the flexibility to use any conferencing service installed on the meeting host’s laptop.
Solstice Conference allows you to use Solstice with most laptop-based conferencing apps to add meeting support for remote attendees in Solstice-enabled rooms. Solstice Conference offers the flexibility to use the conferencing service of choice and provides wireless connectivity to room audio/video devices attached to the Solstice Pod via USB. Solstice Conference is available in Solstice version 5.0 for all Gen3 Pods with a current Solstice Subscription.
- Leverages web conferencing services running on local users’ laptops to connect remote participants to the room.
- Enables meeting hosts to wirelessly connect to plug-and-play USB devices attached to the Pod in order to share room audio/video in the web conference.
- Supports a one-step start for scheduled web conferences via support for integration of room and personal calendars.
- Allows the meeting host to share the full in-room display to the web conference so remote users can see everything happening on the display, including multi-source content sharing, mark up, and more.
- Gen3 Solstice Pod with current Solstice Subscription and Solstice software version 5.0 or later
- Meeting host laptop (Windows or macOS, recommended specs below)
- Solstice app version 5.0 or later (required for meeting host)
- 3rd-party conferencing app for host and remote users
Solstice Discovery Service (SDS)strongly recommended
- USB room camera and/or audio devices (optional) - (verified supported device list)
- Microsoft Exchange or Office 365 calendar integrations (optional)
Host Laptop Recommended Specs
Solstice Conference is supported on laptop devices running the follow operating systems. This capability is not supported on mobile devices.
- Windows (full support): Windows 10 version 1903 or later
- MacOS (beta): Catalina 10.15, Mohave 10.14
Important: Meeting host laptop devices should have a minimum Intel i5 4 core processor and 8GB memory; however, some features such as sharing the Solstice display remotely in the conference may not be available. Administrators can choose to override this feature restriction setting when centrally deploying the Solstice app via MSI or SCCM; however, it is not recommended. For best performance and full functionality, Mersive recommends meeting hosts have laptop devices with an Intel i7 4 core processor and 16GB memory.
Supported Conferencing Services
Below are the supported conferencing services by host laptop operating system. For support that lists "browser-based version only", Solstice Conference's full functionality (e.g. the ability to share the Solstice display to remote users via the conferencing application) is only supported in the browser-based version of that conferencing application. As a note, please ensure your video conferencing software is up to date.
|Webex||Full||Browser-based version only|
|Blue Jeans||Full; use browser version to share Screen 2||Browser-based version only|
|Chime||Full||Browser-based version only|
|Slack||Full||Browser-based version only|