Configure SDS for Multiple Subnets (Optional)
If SDS is being used centrally to list Solstice displays across multiple locations, each of which has its own subnet, administrators can now group Solstice displays by subnet which will allow a user’s Solstice App to only see displays on the same subnet they are connected to. There are two ways SDS can group displays by subnet: based on either a single, global prefix length configured in the Windows Registry OR based on an explicit list of subnets with varying prefix lengths via a text file placed in the Solstice program data folder.
- Open the Windows Registry Editor.
- Navigate to the following registry key:
- In the key, right-click and select New, then select DWORD (32-bit) value.
- Name the value “subnetPrefixLength”.
- Right-click the value and select Modify.
- Enter the prefix length into the Value data field. For example, you can enter in the prefix length value of 16.
- Under the Base options, select the Decimal radio button.
- Click OK.
- Restart the SDS Service.
- Create a .txt file named “subnets.txt”.
- Add the IP address of each Pod as a new row in the text file. Each IP address should be followed by a forward slash, then the prefix length. Each IP address should be its own row. For example, an IP address row should read:
- Save the .txt file and place it in the following location:
- Restart the SDS service.