Create Categories and Assign Pods
Categories provide the ability to classify Solstice instances in ways that are meaningful to you. Mersive strongly recommends assigning Pods to categories once you've imported them into Solstice Cloud. Once created, categories can be used to filter, sort, and compare usage data among the different types of Solstice instances to help drive business decisions. For example, data from Solstice Cloud's meeting analytics can help you determine future meeting room construction based on the most utilized types of rooms. Categories can also be used to select specific Solstice Pods to schedule software updates. This allows you to schedule software updates for your Pods based on location or department to avoid disruptions.
The Solstice Cloud portal allows you to choose from a list of recommended categories or create your own. Creating a robust category scheme allows you to drill down into your deployment usage data in meaningful ways. For example, you can compare Solstice usage between buildings to see how the technology is being adopted at each location, or compare the average meeting duration of bookable vs. non-bookable huddle spaces. Mersive recommends that you follow these guidelines when assigning categories.
- Create categories that can be applied to all Pods (e.g. create a "Location" category instead of a "Denver" category).
- Start with broad categories then drill down into more specific ones (e.g. create a category for Country, City, then Office).
Here is an example category scheme:
|Southeast||Denver||Denver HQ||Large Conf||Marketing||Yes|
|Midwest||New York||65 Blake St||Med Conf||Engineering||No|
|Northeast||Chicago||50 West Broad St||Personal Office||Med School|
|West||Seattle||Parham Campus||Public Area||Business Office|
- In the left sidebar menu of the Solstice Cloud portal, go to Categories.
- Click Add Category.
- To create a category from the recommended options:
- Click Choose from recommended.
- Select one of the recommended categories, then click Next.
- Remove any default options you do not wish to keep.
- Click Save & Apply.
- Click Got It.
- To create your own custom category:
- Click Create custom.
- Enter the Category Name, then click Next.
- Enter in the Options. For example, if you are creating a category to group Pods based on the floor of the building they are on, you can enter Level 1, Level 2, etc.
- If you wish you add another option, click in the last option field and hit the Enter key.
- Once you are done entering options, click Save & Apply.
- Click Got it.
- In the left sidebar menu of the Solstice Cloud portal, go to Categories. The Pods that have been imported into Solstice Cloud are listed.
- To display certain categories in the table, click the expand icon in the Category Manager heading.
- Select the checkboxes of all the categories you wish to view. The selected categories appear as columns in the table.
- To add Pods to categories individually:
- For each Pod, click the drop-down in the corresponding category column and select an option from the list that appears. Note: You can only add one option to each Pod per category.
- To add Pods to categories in batches:
- On the left-hand side of the table, select the checkboxes of each of the Pods you wish to categorize together. A blue bar appears at the top of the table.
- In the blue bar, click the drop-down for the corresponding category column and select an option from the list that appears. A prompt appears asking if you want to assign the category option for the selected displays.
- Click Save.
- To deselect all of the Pods, click the remove icon in the blue bar.
- Repeat steps 3-5 to assign all of your Pods to categories.