Solstice is Mersive’s award-winning collaboration software, installed on a dedicated hardware platform to deliver a turnkey wireless content sharing solution. The Solstice Pod is directly connected to any room display via HDMI, then attached to the networks that participants will use to connect and share to the display. Then, users on the network can follow the on-screen instructions to get the Solstice app and connect to the display to begin collaborating.
Looking for information on how to deploy Solstice? Click here to learn more.
Solstice Product Suite
- Solstice Pod: Console running an integrated version of the Solstice collaboration software that connects to the display by HDMI video cable.
- Solstice Display Software for Windows: Solstice Display Software application installed on the Windows 7, 8, or 10 host PC connected to the display by HDMI video cable. Note: Solstice Display Software for Windows is not supported in a virtual machine (VM) environment or while using terminal services. For more information, including Windows host computer requirements, click here.
- Solstice App: Software application installed on user laptops and mobile devices that is used to connect to and share content to the Solstice display. Learn More
- Solstice Cloud: Our cloud-based portal that allows administrators to easily manage, configure, monitor, and update Solstice deployments. Solstice Cloud also provides metrics and intuitive analytics on an organization's meetings and monitors the health of its deployment. Learn More
- Solstice Dashboard: An on-premises-only centralized management tool that can be used to monitor, configure, and update Solstice Enterprise Edition Pods and Windows Software instances on a network. Learn More
- Solstice Discovery Service (SDS): An IT-friendly, non-broadcast mechanism that allows users to discover and click-to-connect to Solstice displays from their own devices to start sharing content. Learn More
- Solstice Active Learning: Our software-enabled active routing solution for multi-team learning environments that allows educators to control, share, and engage with students. The application provides a simple active learning space design tool, drag-and-drop video sharing between screens, and an instant messaging system that can broadcast information to each display on demand. Learn More
- Solstice display: Any flat panel or projector display connected via an HDMI video cable to a Solstice Pod or Solstice Display Software host PC.
- Solstice host: Used to reference a Solstice Pod or Solstice Display Software for Windows.
- User device: Any type of user device that is supported by the Solstice App that users can use to share and control content on the Solstice display. Supported user devices include Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS devices.
- Posts: The individual pieces of multimedia, application windows, or desktop shares published to the Solstice display.
Configuring Solstice Displays
There are multiple ways that you can configure a Solstice Pod. You can configure the Pod without a network by plugging a USB mouse and keyboard directly into the Pod. However, Mersive recommends using the Solstice Cloud management portal to centrally manage your Solstice Pods from any location.
There are a few methods to access your Pod’s configuration settings.
- Individually configured: Every Solstice Pod can be configured via the individual Pod’s configuration panel. The Pod's configuration panel can be accessed by connecting a USB mouse and keyboard to the Pod, or by entering the Pod’s IP address into a web browser, then clicking the Settings icon in the lower right-hand corner of the screen. If the presence bar at the bottom of the Solstice screen is hidden, you can use the mouse to long click or hit the Esc button on your keyboard to show the presence bar and access the Pod's local settings.
- Centrally configured via the Solstice Cloud portal: Solstice Cloud is a secure cloud-based portal that allows you to centrally manage your deployment from any location. Solstice Cloud allow administrators to easily deploy, manage, monitor, and update Solstice Pods, and also provides intuitive analytics on your Solstice meetings.
- Centrally configured via the Solstice Dashboard: For admins who need an on-premises solution, or who are unable to utilize cloud-based management, Solstice Dashboard is a centralized management tool installed on a local machine or server that can be used to monitor, configure, and update Solstice Enterprise Edition Pods and Windows Software instances over the local network. Instead of individually configuring each Solstice display via its local configuration panel, the Solstice Dashboard streamlines the deployment process and allows IT administrators to manage their deployment from an on-premises, central location.