Step 8: Set the Content Sharing Options
Meeting participants connected to a Solstice display with a laptop computer can share three basic kinds of content through the Solstice app: their whole desktop, a specific application window, or media files such as still images and videos. Screen mirroring for mobile devices is available via AirPlay and Android mirroring support through the Solstice mobile app. Miracast and AirPlay support also provide the ability mirror the screens of Windows or macOS/iOS devices without the Solstice app. For more information on how to configure Solstice to support sharing with AirPlay and Miracast, see Enable Sharing with AirPlay and Enable Sharing with Miracast.
Each of the three main sharing options in the Solstice app (desktop/mobile screen, application, and media files) can be enabled or disabled for Solstice Pod displays using Solstice Dashboard. App-free sharing options such as AirPlay and Miracast can also be turned on or off. Enabling a given sharing option for a particular Solstice Pod means users connected will be able to share content to that Pod's display using that method. If a sharing option is disabled, users will not see that option while connected to that display.
- Go to the Appearance and Usage tab > Client Sharing Options section.
- Under the Resource Restriction section, enable or disable the various resource sharing options.
- Desktop Screen Sharing - Allows Windows and macOS users to share their desktop.
- Application Window Sharing - Allows users to share only a specific application window.
- Miracast - Stream video over Wi-Fi Direct - Allows users to mirror their Windows device screen.
- Miracast - Stream video over Existing Network - Allows users to mirror their Windows device screen.
- Android Mirroring - Allows users to mirror their Android device screen in the Solstice app.
- iOS Mirroring - Allows users to mirror their iOS and macOS device screens via Apple's AirPlay.
- Enable AirPlay Discovery Proxy - Enable this option if your network does not allow use of Apple's Bonjour. For more information on how to configure AirPlay, see Enabling AirPlay.
- Enable Bluetooth discovery for AirPlay: Enable this option to allow end-users to discover the Solstice display without having to first connect to the network. However, users will have to connect to the same network as the Pod in order to stream content via AirPlay. This provides another alternative for discovery for environments that do not allow UDP broadcast traffic or Apple's Bonjour protocol. Available on Gen3 Pods only.
- Video Files and Images - Allows users to securely share image and video files from their laptop or mobile devices.
- Browser Sharing - Allows users to connect and share content via a web browser without needing the Solstice app.
The Miracast Wi-Fi Direct option streams P2P from the Windows device to the Pod, while the Existing Network option streams over the existing network. For more information on how to configure Miracast for your organization's needs, see Enabling Miracast.
- Click Apply.
If you wish to restrict the amount of connections or content posts to moderate Solstice's potential impact on your network, go to the Appearance and Usage tab > Resource Restriction section and update the corresponding fields with the desired limits, then click Apply.