Step 1: Import Pods into Solstice Cloud
Solstice Cloud is a secure cloud-based management and analytics portal that allows administrators to easily configure, monitor, and update their Solstice deployment. Once your Solstice Pods have been imported into Solstice Cloud, you will be able to create unlimited configuration templates for network settings, security settings, appearance settings, and more to apply across your Solstice deployment.
Before beginning the process outlined below, connect all your Solstice Pods to your network via an Ethernet connection.
- Visit www.mersive.com/download-admin/ and click on Deployment Management.
- Under Solstice Dashboard, click the Download Solstice Dashboard link.
- Fill out the download form then click Submit.
- Run the SolsticeDashboardSetup.exe installer and step through the InstallShield wizard until Dashboard is installed. As a note, only select to install the additional Demo feature if you wish to be able to demo Dashboard using a virtual Solstice deployment.
Ensure that Solstice Dashboard is installed on a Windows machine connected to the same network as your Solstice Pods.
- In Solstice Dashboard, find the Import Displays section in the left sidebar and click the Discover button. A list of discovered Solstice Pod displays will appear.
- Select the Pod displays you wish to import. You can Shift+click or Ctrl+click to select multiple displays.
- Click the Import button. The selected displays will be added to your list of Your Solstice Instances.
- To use the manual import option instead, click the Manual button. The Add Display pop-up will appear.
- Enter in the Display Name and IP Address for the Pod display instance you are adding. You can also change the default port if desired (optional). If you do not know the IP address for a Pod, you can find it on the Pod display’s main welcome screen.
- Click Add. The Solstice Pod display will be added to your list of instances.
If Pods do not appear in the list, they may be on a network that does not support UDP/Broadcast traffic. If this is the case, skip to step 4 to use the Manual import option.
Once your Pods have been added to Solstice Dashboard, you can simultaneously create your Solstice Cloud account and import your Solstice Pods displays into Solstice Cloud to manage and configure your deployment.
- In Solstice Dashboard, select all the Pod displays in your list of Solstice instances.
- Go to the Solstice Cloud tab, then click Connect. A list of your selected Pod displays will appear.
- If needed, you may select additional Pod displays or remove displays. When all the Pod display instances you wish to import into Solstice Cloud appear, click Next.
- Enter the login credentials for your Solstice Cloud account. If you don't already have a Solstice Cloud account, follow the steps to create a Solstice Cloud account for your organization.
- Once the Pod displays have been imported, you will see a notification that your displays have been added to Solstice Cloud. Click OK.
- Click Go To My Account to be directed to the Solstice Cloud login page via a web browser.