Step 7: Set Content Sharing Options
Meeting participants connected to a Solstice display with a laptop computer can share three basic kinds of content through the Solstice app: their whole desktop, a specific application window, or media files such as still images and videos. Screen mirroring for mobile devices is available via AirPlay and Android mirroring support through the Solstice mobile app. Miracast and AirPlay support also provide the ability mirror the screens of Windows or macOS/iOS devices without the Solstice app. For more information on how to configure Solstice to support sharing with AirPlay and Miracast, see Enable Sharing with AirPlay and Enable Sharing with Miracast.
Solstice Conference can also be enabled, allowing meeting hosts to share the shared Solstice display workspace as well as room audio and video resources with meeting participants connected via a web conference application (Zoom, Teams, GoToMeeting, etc.) on the meeting host's laptop.
These settings determine which sharing options users will be able to use to share content to the Solstice display. For details about using this template to enable the screen key option for added security in Solstice collaboration sessions, see Step 4: Network and Base Security Settings.
- In the left sidebar navigation panel of Solstice Cloud, click Manage > Templates > Features.
- Click either the Default template or the template you created in Step 3: Set the Base Security Settings to enable the screen key.
- Under the Solstice Feature Options section, enable or disable the various sharing options based on your organization's needs and policies.
- Miracast Infrastructure: Allows users to mirror their Windows device screen to the Solstice display without the Solstice app; streams over the existing network.
Miracast WiFi Direct: Allows users to mirror their Windows device screen to the Solstice display without the Solstice app; streams P2P from the Windows device to the Pod.
- Android mirroring: Allows users to mirror their Android device screen in the Solstice app.
- iOS mirroring (AirPlay): Allows users to mirror their iOS and macOS device screens with or without the Solstice app.
- AirPlay discovery proxy: Enable this option if your network does not allow use of Apple's Bonjour.
- Bluetooth discovery for AirPlay: Provides another alternative for discovery for environments that do not allow UDP broadcast traffic or Apple's Bonjour protocol by allowing AirPlay users to discover the Pod using Bluetooth. Users will still have to connect to the same network as the Pod in order to stream content via AirPlay.
- Clientless sharing via browser: Allows users to connect and share content via a web browser without the Solstice app.
Enabling Solstice Conference in this template makes the Solstice shared display and audio/video resources connected to the Solstice Pod available to web conferencing applications via the meeting host's laptop computer. See the
For more about the options to detect useful information about a conference room available in this template, see
- In the left sidebar navigation panel of Solstice Cloud, click Manage > Templates > Room Intelligence.
- Either open the Default template, or click Create New Room Intelligence Template and enter a descriptive Template Name.
- Select Enable Solstice Conference if you wish to enable the Solstice Conference capability.
- Click Save.