Welcome Screen Template
The Welcome Screen template gives you many options to customize the appearance of your Solstice display welcome screen to match your organization's branding by changing or uploading background images, adding custom connection instructions, choosing the text color, and more.
- From the Solstice Cloud Home page, in the left sidebar navigation panel, click Manage > Templates >Welcome Screen.
- Click Create New Welcome Screen Template.
- Enter the template name. For example, you could name the template by location (London Office) or descriptively (Mountain Theme).
- Once you are done creating and customizing your template, click Save in the top right corner of the template. Once a template is saved, it can be assigned to Pods. Templates can be edited or deleted at any time.
You can also start by duplicating an existing template and making changes to it. Click on the three dots on the right side of the template you want to start with, and choose Duplicate Template.
The Thumbnail Preview displays how the Welcome Screen will look with the current settings. This preview will change as you edit options on the page. Below the preview, you can manage the Background Images. You can have up to six background images, and the Welcome Screen will rotate through the images that have been enabled.
- To change the background image to one of your own, click on the upload icon for that background image. Then browse to the image file and select.
- Disable background images from the rotating display by deselecting the checkbox in the lower right-hand corner of the background image preview.
- Click Save.
If you are using two monitors, you can control how the screens are displayed. From the Display Options drop-down, select how you would like Pods assigned to this template to display on connected monitors. Display options are available for Pods that are connected to a single display monitor, or dual (two) display monitors.
- Select one of the following options based on your preferences and Pods' display configuration:
- Single (default): Select this setting for Pods connected to a single display monitor.
- Dual - Mirror: Select to have Pods display the same (mirror) content on two connected display monitors.
- Dual - Extend: Select to have Pods treat two connected displays as a single collaboration panel. Content can be shared to both displays and moved between them. Solstice intelligently knows where one display ends and the next begins and will not break a content post across the two displays.
- Dual - Seamless Extend: Select to have content posted across two displays as if they are a single seamless display. This mode is recommended for video walls or other setups where there is no bevel or seam between the two displays.
Dual output display options are only available for Gen3 Pods with dual HDMI out.
Connection instructions give end-users the information they need to connect to Solstice. You can customize these instructions according to how your organization has configured Solstice to allow users to quickly connect.
- From the Instructions drop-down, select how you would like the connection instructions to display on the Welcome Screen for end-users.
- Default: Selecting this setting displays Solstice's default connection instructions to meeting attendees on the Welcome Screen.
- Show custom instructions: Allows the creation of custom connection instructions specific to your organization's Solstice configuration.
- When Show custom instructions is selected, a rich text field appears below, allowing you to enter and format custom connection instructions.
You can include responsive variables, which will be automatically replaced with Pod-specific information, in your custom instructions. Available variables are [RoomName], [ScreenKey], [WifiNetworkName], [WifiIP], [EthNetworkName], and [EthIP]. Note that variables are case sensitive.
- To hide the Airplay instructions, deselect the Show Airplay instruction line checkbox.
- To hide the Miracast instructions, deselect the Show Miracast instruction line checkbox.
- Click Save. A message displays confirming that the Pod configuration has been updated.
The footer at the bottom the Welcome Screen shows information for users to easily discover and connect to that Solstice Pod's display. Solstice allows you to set whether or not this presence bar shows, as well as the information it contains.
- Select the following options as appropriate to your Solstice configuration and preferences:
- Show footer on Welcome Screen: Displays the presence bar as a footer on the Welcome Screen.
- Show room name in footer: Displays the room/display name.
- Persist footer: Footer always displays, even during collaboration sessions.
- Show IP address in footer: Displays the Pod's IP address or DNS hostname.
- Show screen key in footer: If a screen key is enabled on a Pod, this option displays the 4-digit screen key required to connect to the Pod.
- Click Save.
These options control elements that display on the Welcome Screen, such as the clock or the room name.
- Preview how the footer in the Thumbnail Preview changes as you select or deselect the following options:
- Show clock
- Show room name
- Show screen key (if screen key is enabled)
- Select Show hostname instead of IP address to display the hostname of the Pod rather than its IP address on the Welcome Screen. (No preview available.)
- Choose Hostname Only to show only the name of the individual Pod.
- Choose the Fully qualified name option to display the Pod's fully qualified domain name.
- Select Background animation to enable a slow-moving pan back and forth on the selected background image(s) to mitigate potential display burn-in (particularly useful when using only one background image).
- To change the color of the text on the Welcome Screen, find the Foreground text color option under the Main Screen Options and click on the color preview box (white by default). You can either select a color using the color picker or enter the 6-digit hex code of the color you wish to use.
- Click Save.
- In the left sidebar menu of Solstice Cloud, click Manage > Pods.
The Pod Template Assignments table displays. This table is used to apply templates across your deployment. You can apply a template to multiple Pods at once.
- Select the checkboxes of the Pods you want to apply the template to. You can select each Pod's checkbox individually, or select the checkbox in the header row of the table to select all Pods you have access to in the table.
- For each template you want to apply, go to the corresponding template type column (e.g., Welcome Screen). You can view a different group of template columns by selecting the group name in the upper right-hand corner of the table.
You can use the filters from the categories you have created to sort Pods in your deployment and make applying templates across your deployment easier. Filters allow you to apply templates by criteria such as location or campus, depending on the categories you have created and assigned to Pods.
- Click the corresponding drop-down for one of the checked Pods in the table, then select the name of the created template. This will apply the template to all of the checked Pods.
- A pop-up will ask you to confirm the changes. Click Confirm. A green notification that the template was applied then displays.
- As changes are being applied, a loading icon will appear next to the Pod, and the pending changes icon will appear next to the template(s) being applied. Once the changes are applied, the Pod's normal status will resume.
- If a template you applied has any unique settings that need to be applied each Pod individually, a sliding pop-up will appear prompting you to enter the needed information. Once you are done with all of the settings screens, click Save & Close.
If a Pod is offline, any changes made will be applied when the Pod is back online.