Message Center Template
This feature allows you to add an RSS feed to a Solstice Pod's Welcome screen that will scroll across the top. You can also create and publish an emergency message that will be broadcast to all Pods it is published to.
- From the Solstice Cloud Home page, in the left sidebar navigation panel, click Manage > Templates > Message Center.
- Click Create New Message Center Template.
- Enter the Template Name. For example, you could name the template by location (London Office) or descriptively (Mountain Theme).
- Click Save.
You can also start by duplicating an existing template and making changes to it. Click on the three dots on the right side of the template you want to start with, and choose Duplicate Template.
- To add a new RSS feed, click the Add an RSS Feed button. A new row appears.
- Enter in the Name of the RSS feed.
- Set the Duration the RSS feed will display before displaying the next feed or custom message.
- Enter in the Source RSS URL. The URL must point to a valid XML file with a root element type of <rss>.
- To have a custom message display in the top banner, toggle the slide switch to enabled (it will be green when enabled), and enter your message in the Custom Message field.
- Click Save.
To disable any of the RSS feeds or the custom message, toggle the Enabled option off. The toggle will slide to the left and turn grey to indicate it has been disabled.
- To delete any of the RSS feeds, click the Delete icon located to the right of the Source field.
In the event of an emergency, Solstice can push an emergency message to Solstice displays that will appear across the top as an emergency banner. To publish an emergency message, you will first create a message as part of a template, and then assign that template to the pods you want to receive the emergency message.
- Open an existing template or create a new template, then select the Enable Emergency Message checkbox.
- In the field below, enter in the text of the emergency message.
- Click Save. If this template is already applied to Pods, it will be immediately broadcast to those Solstice displays.
- Close the template, then click Assign Pods OR go to Manage > All Pods.
- Select the Pods you want to publish the emergency message to, then click the drop-down in the Message Center column and select your template. The emergency message is immediately broadcast to those Solstice displays, and overrides any content shared on those displays.
- To disable the emergency message, you can either unassign the emergency message template, or you can deselect the Enable Emergency Message checkbox within the assigned message template.
- In the left sidebar menu of Solstice Cloud, click Manage > Pods.
The Pod Template Assignments table displays. This table is used to apply templates across your deployment. You can apply a template to multiple Pods at once.
- Select the checkboxes of the Pods you want to apply the template to. You can select each Pod's checkbox individually, or select the checkbox in the header row of the table to select all Pods you have access to in the table.
- For each template you want to apply, go to the corresponding template type column (e.g., Welcome Screen). You can view a different group of template columns by selecting the group name in the upper right-hand corner of the table.
You can use the filters from the categories you have created to sort Pods in your deployment and make applying templates across your deployment easier. Filters allow you to apply templates by criteria such as location or campus, depending on the categories you have created and assigned to Pods.
- Click the corresponding drop-down for one of the checked Pods in the table, then select the name of the created template. This will apply the template to all of the checked Pods.
- A pop-up will ask you to confirm the changes. Click Confirm. A green notification that the template was applied then displays.
- As changes are being applied, a loading icon will appear next to the Pod, and the pending changes icon will appear next to the template(s) being applied. Once the changes are applied, the Pod's normal status will resume.
- If a template you applied has any unique settings that need to be applied each Pod individually, a sliding pop-up will appear prompting you to enter the needed information. Once you are done with all of the settings screens, click Save & Close.
If a Pod is offline, any changes made will be applied when the Pod is back online.