Digital Signage Settings
Solstice’s digital signage feature gives you the ability to extend HTML-based signage to Solstice displays when they are not being used for wireless collaboration. This feature allows you to add signage feeds to your Solstice-enabled meeting rooms, huddle rooms, and transitional spaces without the additional cost or complexity of deploying dedicated signage hardware.
The following signage content sources are supported:
- Appspace feeds
- Carousel Digital Signage feeds
- Google Slides + Sites
- Static images such as custom web-based welcome screens
Certain individual feeds, even from these sources, may not work with Solstice. If the URL you are attempting to run is resource intensive, stability and performance can be negatively affected.
If you are developing your own HTML-based digital signage feed using responsive design, we recommend including the following, where you should replace the 'width=1920' with the intended width of your displays.
<meta name="viewport" content="width=1920, initial-scale=1">
Specs and Requirements
- Solstice Pods with Enterprise Edition Licenses
- Requires Solstice version 3.4 or later (both Pods and Dashboard)
- URL support for IFrames. The signage source URL must be viewable within an IFrame when Footer Only or Footer + Overlay signage modes are enabled. This means that the content must be embedded in an iframe within the website used for the source URL. IFrame support is not required when signage is enabled in Full Screen mode.
- HTML content is played back via an Android webview on the Solstice Pod. Therefore, the source URL content must be compatible with Android webview.
- A Chrome browser and Android Webview are similar in many ways, but Android Webview will lack some advanced browser features and behaves best with less resource-intensive feeds.
- Test your URL in Solstice, and verify that it is playing well on a single display before rolling out to other Solstice Pods and/or leaving signage enabled on the single Pod.
Not all signage feeds are supported by Solstice. Always validate signage playback in a test environment before making it live across your deployment.
- In the Solstice Dashboard, select the display from the list of Your Solstice Instances.
- Go to the Digital Signage tab.
- Select Enable.
- Choose a signage mode from the list of options:
- Full Screen: Signage content is displayed in full screen mode on the Solstice display. No Solstice connection information is shown — users must know Solstice display name in order to connect.
- Footer Only: Only the Solstice welcome screen footer is shown over the signage content. Users that are familiar with Solstice will be able to see the Solstice display name and/or IP address in the footer area in order to connect and share content (requires the source URL to be viewable within an iFrame).
- Footer + Overlay: The Solstice welcome screen footer and overlay instructions are shown on top of digital signage to provide users with full connection instructions and/or room calendar information.
Some signage providers require you to register your signage endpoints. Please refer to your signage content providers instructions to complete this process as needed.
- Physically go to the location of the Solstice Pod where you enabled signage.
- Confirm the signage feed is visible.
- Connect to the Pod and share a piece of content.
- Disconnect and confirm the signage feed automatically reappears, plays the entire feed, and restarts the feed from the beginning.
If you need to exit digital signage mode in order to access the Pod's local configuration panel, you can do so by plugging a USB mouse into the Pod, then long-clicking with the left mouse button.