Facilitating an Active Learning Session
The Solstice Active Learning app's drag-and-drop interface allows facilitators to easily conduct active learning sessions and route video and content within the active learning space. The app is designed for educators with built-in engagement tools, such as the ability to broadcast messages across all displays.
To facilitate active learning rooms within the Solstice Active Learning app, users must first be invited to create an account by a Solstice Cloud administrator and assigned the Active Learning Facilitator user role.
- Open and sign in to the Solstice Active Learning app using your Solstice Cloud login credentials.
- Click on an Active Learning room to access the facilitator control panel for that room.
If prompted, enter the four-digit screen key shown on a room display to connect.
Solstice Active Learning provides multiple ways to route video feeds to and from the displays in the active learning room:
- One to one - Press and hold on the primary display or a team block and drag to any other display in the room to route video from the first display to the second display. For example, pressing and holding on the Orange Team block then dragging to the Green Team block will route the video feed of the Orange Team's display to appear on the Green Team's display. Multiple one to one video routing feeds can be created simultaneously.
- Primary to all displays - Press and hold on the primary display to route its video feed to all other team displays, or click the Primary to All button at the bottom of the screen.
- Team display to all displays - Press and hold on the team display to route its video feed to the primary display and all other team displays.
- Multiple displays to primary - Click and drag multiple team displays to the primary display to route their individual video feeds to the primary display simultaneously. You can also press and hold on a team display and Solstice will automatically route its video feed to the primary display, and can be repeated for multiple team displays.
- To stop all active video routing, click the Reset button at the bottom of the screen, or stop select feeds by clicking the circle in the middle of the connected line.
Multiple displays cannot have their video feeds routed to the same secondary display at the same time. Facilitators are also unable to daisy chain video routing between the displays. For example, if the Green Team display is being routed to the Blue Team display, facilitators cannot route the Blue Team's feed to any other display. This is so that it always remains clear to viewers whose original video feed they are viewing.
Solstice Active Learning gives you an easy way to create and broadcast messages to all of the displays in the active learning room.
- Click the Add New button at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter in the message you wish to broadcast.
- Select an icon that best represents the message.
- Click Confirm. Once created, the message and the corresponding icon appear at the bottom of the screen for easy access.
- To broadcast the message, click the message's icon at the bottom of the screen. The icon will turn blue to indicate it is being broadcast to the displays.
- To stop the message broadcast, click the message icon again.