Designing an Active Learning Room
Once the Pods have been connected to their team table displays and deployed on the network, Active Learning Designers can virtually design and enable a new active learning space using the Solstice Active Learning app's intuitive drag-and-drop interface.
To create and design rooms within the Solstice Active Learning app, users must first be invited to create an account by a Solstice Cloud administrator and assigned the Active Learning Designer user role.
The Solstice Active Learning app can be installed on a laptop or tablet device. Windows and macOS laptops with a minimum resolution of 1024 x 768 and Android or iOS tablets with 10" screens or larger are supported. Active Learning Designers and Facilitators must download the app to use the Solstice Active Learning capabilities.
- Users with laptop computers can visit mersive.com/download-active-learning/ to download the Solstice Active Learning app.
- Users with tablet devices can download the Solstice Active Learning app from their respective app store.
- Open and sign in to the Solstice Active Learning app using your Solstice Cloud login credentials.
- Click the Add icon in the top-right corner of the app.
- In the Enter Name field, enter in the name of the Active Learning room. Tip: Enter in a room name that Facilitators will be able to easily identify as the correct room.
- Select the room shape that best represents your room from the list that is provided.
- Click Save. The Design panel opens.
- Drag-and-drop the different elements provided, then rotate or adjust the size if needed, to make a virtual representation of the active learning room:
- Place a door in the correct location so that Facilitators will be able to quickly orient themselves in relation to the room.
- Drag a Primary Display to the location where the Facilitator's main display is located. In the Pod Address field, enter in the Pod's IP address, then click Save.
- Drag a Flat Panel or Projector into the room to build a new team block. Enter in the Team Name, Pod Address, and select a color for the team. You can drag tables and chairs into the team block as well. When you are done building your team block, click Save.
- Chairs and tables can also be placed in the room outside of team blocks to aid in creating an accurate representation of the room.
- Choose one Pod to route audio to when routing content with audio within the room (optional).
- Click the three vertical dots to Edit the team block or primary display where audio should play.
- Click the Activate audio output toggle on (green), then click Save.
- When you are done building the Active Learning room, click the Save button at the bottom of the screen.
For quick room creation, you can duplicate an existing Active Learning room. Go to the home screen of the Active Learning app, click on the vertical ellipsis icon next to the room name, then select Duplicate. A copy of the Active Learning room will be added to the bottom of your room list.
To edit an Active Learning room, go to the home screen of the Active Learning app, click on the vertical ellipsis icon next to the room name, then select Edit. The design panel opens allowing you to edit the room configuration. When you are done making changes, click the Save button at the bottom of the screen.
To delete an Active Learning room, go to the home screen of the Active Learning app, click on the vertical ellipsis icon next to the room name, then select Delete. When prompted if you are sure you want to delete the room, click Confirm to permanently delete the room.